Sunday 14 March 2010

It's exhausting being a good daughter!!

This is the Mothers Day card I made for my mam - sailed a bit close to the wind on this one, ie I didn't even start it until this morning! Luckily I wasn't seeing her until about 1pm, but I was a bit worried that the buttons wouldn't have stuck in time...


the base of the card is from a Kanban kit
 layered letters cut out with my Craft Robo
frame for sentiment is a 'Nellie's' die
bunny image is free stamp from Quick Cards magazine
coloured with Promarkers


There are 2 mistakes on the card - the first is that I used the wrong bunny image. I'd stamped and coloured a few bunnies in a variety of colours and stuck the wrong one onto the card but it looks ok so I decided not to risk wrecking the card to take it off.  The second mistake, which I realised only as I was putting the card in the envelope, is that the card base is upside down - I have 'Australian' flowers! Oops!  My mam loved the card though and although its quite small it really stood out amongst all the shop-bought cards on the mantlepiece...
And why exhausting? Well, I popped round there for a short visit and left after 4 hectic hours - take 1 mam, 2 of my sisters, 4 of their children, 1 friend and 2 dogs - throw in installing antivirus software on 3 laptops and fixing a loose key on 1 of them and then teaching my mam to play Mahjong on her laptop, and you can see why I was glad to get some peace and quiet :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.