Sunday 24 April 2011

Happy Easter....Part 2...

My 2nd post of the day to show off the Easter gifts I made for my nieces. I'm a funny one when it comes to Easter eggs, especially when I know how many of them kids get these days. Once upon a time I bought my nieces and nephews a new t-shirt or something, but I have so many now it would bankrupt me!

So this year I went to the supermarket and bought 5 of these at 61p each, wondering if the staff would be thinking I was a total meanie, although I'm sure they didn't even give a second glance...


I have to admit they don't look very exciting, about the size of my hand, and no extra bits of goodies.  But when taken out of the horrid box and added to a handmade basket with a few other bits and pieces, this is what you get...





Each basket is made from a single sheet of scalloped 12x12 Papermania cardstock, decorated with some patterned paper that I've had for years. The little panels on the side of each basket show each girl's name, the images are from Tammy DeYoung at Aimee Asher, cute eh?

The only tricky bit came when I tried to wrap them up without spilling the contents!



 I don't think I did too bad a job, and the girls (and their mum) loved them.  That's 3 down, 2 to go... but they stand out amongst their other eggs and they've only cost me about £2 each to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.