Monday 11 October 2010

Here come the girls...

from 80th birthday cards for men to 80th birthday cards for women, well just the one woman, but 2 cards.

Sticking with the 8 inch square card and matching box formula that has been so popular I decided to go all out feminine on this card.


I loved these decoupaged teacups but as with a lot of my crafty stuff, I didn't want to 'waste' them but thought they'd be perfect for this special card.


The background paper is from a Zoe Pearn digikit called Little Joys.  I used Photoshop Elements to add the text which I then dry-embossed after printing to give a bit of dimension.  I just used my embossing tool over the text from the front to start with, then turned the paper over and embossed the same lines from the back to give a raised effect on the front.

The roses are all from Hobbycraft and I've accented the scalloped border (trimmed from scalloped 12 x 12 paper) with clear dew drops bought from Crafty Emma's Store. A couple of peel-off butterflies coloured with glitter on the back to fill in some empty space and there we have it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.