Wednesday 11 January 2012

Wow, long time no blog!

And it's not that I haven't been making cards, I just haven't blogged any of them for months. It seems I can only really concentrate properly on 1 project at a time, which since May last year has been my weight loss. I went back to WeightWatchers meetings back in May, and most of my free time on the laptop has been spent 'tracking' online, and keeping up with the message forums for hints, tips and support. With only half a stone to go now I'm hoping I can wean myself off the WW message boards and get some cards shared with my (slowly) growing number of followers before you all delete me!

So my first card of the year to share is this one, which I made with the Willow Sketchie Challenge in mind. To be honest I'm not sure I've followed the sketch closely enough, but maybe they'll turn a blind eye since I've used a digi stamp from the new Polly Pickleberry CD.



I've used a combination of Promarkers and Flexmarkers to colour the image - I love the very subtle colours available in the Flexmarkers. And then I used my Glacier Blue Flexmarker to colour the background of the Pink Petticoat backing paper too.

The sentiment uses an embossing folder that I think came in a Docrafts Goody Bag, and the embossing folder used on the backing strips was a magazine freebie.

The hyper-critical me doesn't love this card, so I might have another go at the sketch with a different image if I have the time.

Thanks for looking!

Lesley x

8 comments:

  1. WOW Lesley love the card, the elements of the sketch are there which is all we ask for! I am back on WW from next week so u may see me on the boards soon x

    Thanks for joining in at WSC xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card its stunning - well done the weight loss - I am slowly getting back into eating healthy need to lose weight by September as my sister is getting married - nice to see you back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back, well done with the weight loss. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lesley, good to see you back and congrats on the weight loss too :)
    Pretty card, love the matching bkgd paper to her dress :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Love your card and its brilliant to see Polly on a card. Well done on the weight watchers! I really need to sort mine out.

    Thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie this week Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty, like you I love the subtle colours achieved wih FlexMarkers. It's so nice to see Polly on your card.
    Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!! Well done on your weight loss - fantastic! Love your card - that's one mega cake she has there, lol!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a perfectly pretty card.It's a real treat to see Polly presented so beautifully.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.