Saturday 11 September 2010

Exploding box

This is a commission from my ex-boss (not to be confused with X-Box!) - the one I made the retirement card for. It's for her grandson who's about 7 months old now.


Lots and lots of matting and layering, with the design made up as I went along! I only had 2 sheets of that particular gingham card in my stash and it matched my aqua cardstock and ribbon perfectly so it was a while before I committed to where I was sticking anything.

The little image is from Digistamp Boutique - Simpy Baby Collection, so simple but so cute, and the wording panels all done on the PC.

And this is it opened - I made a mini-box inside too which was intended for her to hide her gift of money inside, but I think may be too small?





I'm considering making a matching card with pocket to tuck inside the lid of the larger box - watch this space!


Edited to add - I went with the matching card idea, with a little pocket on the inside to tuck a cheque into, using some of my leftovers from the box.


And I'm pleased to report the customer loved it!

I'm entering this into the Digistamp Boutique Monthly Challenge for September.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous box. You've coloured the images perfectly and I love the gingham paper. Thanks for joining in our monthly challenge over at DigiStamp Boutique. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a super creation...love the mix of papers....super stunning indeedy...Thanks for joining in the DSB Monthly Comp....Sally-Ann..xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.