Monday 23 August 2010

80th birthday card

not a lot of blogging lately as all of my time is being spent on either commissions or building up some stock for my first craft fair, which is now less than a week away!

This is a commission I was asked to do for an 80th birthday.  The brief was 'mauve' and the birthday 'girl' had sent invitations to her friends featuring the Jenny Joseph poem 'Warning' so I based the card on that.


For some reason I can't get the photo to upload the right way round here, the hat should be in the top left corner and the flowers bottom right but you get the idea...

The hat was cut on the craft robo lite from a free file found on the UK Scrappers forum. I designed the word 'eighty' myself on the robo and the wording on the white mat was done in Word.  The flowers were bought from Hobbycraft and the leaves are from the wedding cake flowers my colleague gave me a few months ago.

Of course there's also a matching box - I should be able to make these in my sleep now but still get the measurements wrong...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.