Saturday 3 April 2010

No crafting today :-(

I've nominated today as the day to tackle the chaos that is my spare room, or the room thats meant to be my craft room.  Its so jam-packed full of junk that there isn't room to craft in there, meaning my crafty stuff is gradually taking over the rest of my (not very tidy right now) home...not good!

So, I'm trying to build up the resolve to get rid of stuff, not easy for me as I'm a first class hoarder!  I usually end up with a 'charity shop' box or 3 that takes ages for me to get around to dropping off at a shop so I'm tempted to be really ruthless this time - keep, ebay, dump, and possibly freecycle to get rid of my old tv among other things. Wish me luck...

In the meantime just a quick pic of a card I started months ago and only got round to finishing last week (apologies for poor image quality)


I love the simplicity of monochrome cards but really struggled to get the look I wanted on this one.  Sometime in December/January I rounded the corners of my backing paper and stuck it onto a 6x6 square card but then couldn't find a suitably strong image to go with it. Then I came across some peel-offs that I couldn't resist popping into my basket but wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with them. At some point my cluttered mind married the two together and this is the result.  It looks much better in real life...

Back to the grind now but I think I'll treat myself later to getting the promarkers out and colouring some digi images, especially if I get a proper chance to investigate all of the talent over on Paper Craft Planet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.